These days, dermal filler injections belong to the most popular procedures of aesthetic medicine. They help thousands of people all over the world to enhance their overall appearance and, therefore, feel more confident and attractive.
Among the most widely spread brands of dermal fillers are Belotero and Juvederm. Both of them are characterized by exceptional effectiveness, high-quality composition, and long-lasting duration. So, it might be pretty difficult to choose between these products.
So, if you would like to give dermal filler injection a try but still hesitate between the two above-mentioned brands, keep reading this article. Here, we will run a detailed comparison of Belotero and Juvederm fillers in order to figure out which one will fit your needs best!
Before we start: If you are currently looking for a trustworthy supplier to purchase dermal fillers online, check out FillerSupplies. With years of experience behind its shoulders, it strives to provide its customers with a wide selection of brand-name products for the best possible prices.
A Comparison of Juvederm and Belotero
In order to figure out what brand of dermal fillers will fit your needs best, go through the below-mentioned comparison of Juvederm and Belotero. This way, you will be able to learn the details about their manufacturer, composition, product line, indications & contraindications, result, and price.
Both Belotero and Juvederm are manufactured by the so-called pharmaceutical giants that employ experience and innovation in order to create the best possible solutions for your skin. More precisely, Belotero is produced by Merz Aesthetics, while Juvederm is manufactured by Allergan Aesthetics.
Merz Aesthetics is a German pharmaceutical company that produces safe, effective, and durable injectable dermal fillers. Apart from Belotero, it manufactures Cellfina, Radiesse, Xeomin, and a wide range of other cosmetic solutions.
While Allergan Aesthetics, in its turn, is a French pharmaceutical company that now belongs to AbbVie. Its range of premium cosmetic injectables includes not only Juvederm, but also Botox, Coolsculpting, Kybella, and many more.
Our Juvederm Volux for Chin and Jawline article will help you understand how to use this dermal filler for Chin and Jawline.
The compositions of Belotero and Juvederm fillers are pretty similar. They both are primarily based on exceptionally pure, fully biocompatible, and cross-linked hyaluronic acid of non-animal origin. It is a gel-like substance that has strong moisturizing properties that effectively rejuvenate and enhance skin tissues.
On a side note: Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring substance responsible for the hydration of the cells. It might be found in human eyes, joints, and skin tissues. As we age, however, the amount of hyaluronic acid decreases, which eventually leads to skin volume loss and the appearance of wrinkles.
Another substance that might also be found in some Juvederm and Belotero filler solutions is lidocaine hydrochloride. It functions as a prefilled anesthetic that minimizes the level of pain and discomfort a patient might feel during injections of dermal fillers by means of temporarily numbing the targeted treatment area.
On a side note: Both Belotero and Juvederm fillers produce their solutions in two available versions – with prefilled lidocaine in their composition and without it. Therefore, you might find a suitable cosmetic injectable in the product lines of both brands even if you have an allergy to this local anesthetic.
If you are interested in reading more about our product comparison, then you should read our Mirena vs. Skyla for Birth Control: Which IUD is best for you. It also explains all the differences and similarities of the products for you to choose from.
Both Belotero and Juvederm product lines include several solutions that are characterized by varying consistencies of hyaluronic acid. In most cases, they are used to address different signs of aging and cosmetic issues. As well, each product in the Juvederm and Belotero product lines has its own duration of action.
Among the main products within the Belotero range are:
- Belotero Hydro. While being based on 18 mg/ml hyaluronic acid, it is a cosmetical injectable that primarily aims to provide skin tissues with profound moisturization;
- Belotero Revive. It is a so-called skin booster that is based on 20 mg/ml hyaluronic acid. The primary aim of the product is to enhance the overall appearance of a patient’s skin;
- Belotero Soft. As its title suggests, it is a soft hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler of soft consistency (20 mg/ml). It has been specifically designed for delicate skin areas;
- Belotero Balance. It is probably the most universal Belotero filler. While including 22.5 mg/ml of hyaluronic acid, the product might efficiently address a wide spectrum of aesthetic issues;
- Belotero Intense. While being one of the most intense products within the brand’s range, it is based on 25.5 mg/ml hyaluronic acid. Its purpose is to get rid of deeper wrinkles and folds;
- Belotero Volume. It is a cosmetic injectable with a hyaluronic acid concentration of 26 mg/ml. It is oftentimes used for facial contouring and volumization;
- Belotero Lips. The brand’s range includes two versions of the product, namely Belotero Lips Contour (22.5 mg/ml) and Belotero Shape (25.5 mg/ml). They both aim to provide a patient with profound lip enhancement and might be used in combination for the best effect;
- And so on.
On a side note: Feel free to order Belotero online on FillerSupplies. This way, you will be able to take advantage of reasonable prices with wholesale discounts.
The main Juvederm fillers, in their turn, are:
- Juvederm Ultra. It is a collection of dermal fillers of slightly different formulations that are used to fight mild to severe lines and wrinkles all over a patient’s face (such as marionette lines, nasolabial folds, and crow’s feet);
- Juvederm Vollure XC. Similar to the above-mentioned Juvederm Ultra, it is a cosmetic filler that targets different fine lines and wrinkles of different intensities (especially the ones that are located around a patient’s mid-face);
- Juvederm Voluma. While being a strongly concentrated solution, it is a Juvederm treatment that is used for cheekbone enhancement. The product is also oftentimes employed in restoring volume of deeper layers of a patient’s face;
- Juvederm Volbella XC. It is an effective solution that has been designed for profound lip augmentation, contouring, and hydration. Just like other fillers within the brand’s range, it is based on highly-qualitative hyaluronic acid;
- And so on.
On a side note: Rely on FillerSupplies if you would like to buy Juvederm online. By doing so, you will be able to benefit from authentic solutions delivered to you in due time.
Indications & Contraindications
Belotero and Juvederm fillers have quite similar indications and contraindications. They are primarily used to provide patients with the overall rejuvenation and enhancement of their appearance by means of:
- Taking care of superficial, middle, and severe wrinkles (starting from very fine lines and ending with deep folds);
- Reducing under-eye bags in the tear trough area;
- Restoring the lost volume of the face;
- Contouring the facial volume;
- Improving the appearance of the lips;
- And so on.
Moreover, both brands produce products that effectively moisturize and tighten a patient’s skin by means activating collagen production within it. This way, they nurture skin tissues “from within.”
On a side note: Under normal circumstances, the treatment with the help of Juvederm and Belotero does not cause any adverse reactions. However, a patient might experience the concern of developing bumps, redness, itching or swelling around the treatment area. These side effects usually fade away on their own several days after the injection.
When it comes to the contraindications of Juvederm and Belotero, it is essential to mention that both of them should be administered if:
- A patient is allergic to any component in their composition;
- A patient has an ongoing skin infection around the intended area of the treatment;
- A patient lives with a serious health complication (for instance, poor blood clotting);
- A patient is pregnant or breastfeeding;
- And so on.
On a side note: According to numerous clinical trials, ignorance of the above-mentioned contraindications might lead to the appearance of complications. Therefore, they should be taken into account before the treatment sessions.
While running the comparison of Belotero vs. Juvederm results, it is necessary to say that both solutions are exceptionally effective. Even the initial treatment usually provides a patient with a desired outcome that will last for a time period from six to twelve months. Moreover, it might be substantially prolonged by small injections held from time to time.
On top of that, both Juvederm and Belotero ensure instantly visible but, at the same time, natural-looking results. In other words, these fillers (no matter whether they are injected deeper or superficially), create a subtle effect without any notes of artificiality.
On a side note: Juvederm and Belotero are not the only filler brands that ensure great results when taking care of superficial wrinkles and fine lines. Such solutions as Radiesse (calcium hydroxyapatite fillers) or Sculptra (poly-L-lactic acid fillers) also provide a way out for those who have started to lose volume of their skin or have developed superficial lines all over their face.
If you compare Belotero vs. Juvederm fillers’ prices, you will probably notice that they are pretty similar. Depending on the supplier you select, the product you would like to order, or the geographical location you are located at, an average price tag for a single Belotero or Juvederm filler might vary between $250 and $500.
Still, both cosmetic injectables belong to affordable solutions to take care of moderate lines, folds, and wrinkles. Moreover, they become more affordable from year to year.
On a side note: Both Juvederm and Belotero fillers belong to products intended for professional use. In other words, only a certified healthcare provider with a valid medical license is eligible to order it.
Interested in knowing all about Botox? Then you should read our article Benefits of Botox. Be the first to read this.
Similarities and Differences Between Juvederm and Belotero
After running a detailed Belotero filler vs. Juvederm filler brand comparison, it is high time to figure out the general similarities and differences between them. So, let us compare and contrast both brands right away.
Among the main similarities between Juvederm and Belotero are:
- High-quality composition. Both Juvederm and Belotero fillers are based on synthetic hyaluronic acid. As well, they frequently include lidocaine hydrochloride as one of their ingredients;
- Instantly-visible, natural-looking, and long-lasting result. Just like Juvederm, Belotero solutions provide patients with amazing results (especially when it comes to the reduction of finer lines);
- Reasonable price. Both Juvederm and Belotero find themselves in the same price range. They are considered to be affordable alternatives to invasive procedures of plastic surgery;
- And so on.
While the primary differences between Juvederm and Belotero are:
- Different countries of origin. While belonging to Merz Aesthetics, Belotero is manufactured in Germany. Juvederm, in its turn, is a brand of Allergan Aesthetics produced in France;
- Various assortment. The Belotero product line has a slightly larger number of products than the Juvederm range. Still, both products offer a variety of solutions to choose from;
- And so on.
All in all, both Juvederm and Belotero are brands that produce highly-qualitative cosmetic injectables. While being similar in many ways, they are not identical and possess some differences. So, no matter what solution you choose, we are sure you will be satisfied!