For every beginner, Botox danger zones are one of the first things that should be discussed when studying this topic. This product is truly incredible for skin rejuvenation treatments if used correctly; however, if administered in the wrong spot, it may be dangerous and lead to various unwanted issues, such as facial muscles paralysis or drooping eyelids. So, today’s article is dedicated to this important topic – danger zones, Botox uses, and general recommendations for this type of treatment.
This a reminder that you can buy botulinum toxin A online only if you are a board-certified medical professional with a valid medical license. If you don’t have it, using Botox or dermal filler injections is prohibited as it can be dangerous for the patient’s health and general well-being.
More About the Traditional Uses of Botox Injections
When people inject Botox, the most common effect expected is temporal paralysis of targeted nerve endings of the muscle. It requires some time to get there, so approximately two weeks are needed for the solution to get to the nerve endings and stop their contraction.
Before discussing possible dangers that can follow Botox treatments, let’s briefly mention the traditional uses of botulinum toxin injections and why exactly they are so popular in both cosmetic and medical spheres nowadays. It’s good to know the basics first!
As a muscle relaxant, Botox is mainly used to treat these conditions:
- Bladder dysfunction (also known as overactive bladder syndrome);
- Cervical dystonia (uncontrollable contractions of the neck muscle);
- Chronic migraine (to qualify for this treatment, a patient should experience headaches for more than 15 days per month);
- Eye twitching (characterized by uncontrollable contraction of the muscles close to the eyes);
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating despite the temperature outside);
- Lazy eye syndrome and excessively drooping eyelids (imbalance in muscles responsible for eye positioning);
- And so on.
Usually, just one Botox treatment is not enough to reach desired results, and a series of injections a few weeks apart are required to see improvement. Of course, all these steps should be calculated with a doctor according to one’s condition, health situation, age, request, and other essential aspects.
You may also find our article Where to Inject Botox for Lip Flip? It will also help you understand where you need to inject botox for your lips.
Aesthetic Cosmetic Sphere
Regarding the cosmetic beauty sphere, Botox is believed to be as popular as dermal fillers for skin rejuvenation. The main difference between these two is that injectable gels are meant mainly for filling in already existing creases (all because of hyaluronic acid in the composition). At the same time, botulinum toxin type A is intended to prevent aging signs and eliminate first age-related imperfections.
Overall, Botox works well for the following aesthetic goals:
- Crow’s feet elimination (small wrinkles in the eyes corners);
- Glabellar lines and forehead wrinkles prevention;
- Mimic wrinkles prevention in the area of the eyes and forehead.
If the procedure is performed correctly, the effect should last for approximately four months. All you need to do to prolong the results is get a maintenance appointment in the doctor’s office for an additional Botox injection. Also, don’t forget that you should order Botox online only from reliable suppliers that guarantee excellent quality and fast delivery!
7 Botox Danger Zones You Need To Know!
Regarding wrinkles prevention, administration techniques for Botox and facial filler injections may vary slightly. While hyaluronic acid gels should be used for creases and lines to restore volume and fill in hollow areas, botulinum toxins are meant for intra-muscle injections to get to the nerve endings and stop their contractions (in this way, prevent aging signs occurrence). In general, these areas should be highlighted as the ones not suitable for Botox administration:
- Around the mouth or lip area. One of the most common myths in cosmetic beauty is that Botox can be used for any facial zones and aesthetic goals and thus would work perfectly well even for lip augmentation. But that’s not true! Every person has many arteries around their mouth that supply lips with blood; if they are damaged during the procedure, an individual can experience certain complications (lazy muscles syndrome in particular);
- Chin’s muscles. This spot is off-label, which means some specialists are still willing to risk and perform the procedure despite the warnings. One incorrect move – and you may expect a deformed lip shape, crooked smile, and other rather unpleasant deformations;
- Dorsal nasal artery. It communicates with all other components of the facial artery; thus, if the procedure is performed incorrectly, it may even lead to blindness. So, we highly recommend avoiding this one as well;
- Orbicularis oculi muscle (incorrect spot). These muscles are present in the lower and upper eyelid, and their main task is to help us open and close our eyes. It’s also meant to help drain tears when we cry. If administered in the wrong place, eyelid drooping is one of the most common things a person would probably experience. In order to be safe and avoid this condition, try not to inject botulinum toxins too close to the eyelids;
- Superficial temporal artery. This zone, along with the middle temporal vein, should be avoided during the injection session as they are located too close to one’s eyes;
- The frontalis muscle (also known as horizontal forehead lines). These are placed above eyebrows and are responsible for raising them. If a specialist uses an incorrect administration technique, there is a chance a patient will end up with a grumpy facial expression for some time. To avoid that, inject Botox into corrugator supercilii muscles, which is more suitable for this purpose;
- Upper skin layer. All botulinum toxins are meant to be injected directly into the muscle because they are muscle relaxants. If administered to random spots on the face, there will be no effect, and a person will pay money for nothing.
How to Avoid Botox Injection Danger Zones. Tips for a Successful Treatment
Now that you understand Botox danger zones better, it’s time to discuss how to improve a patient’s experience and guarantee them a safe treatment with achieved desired results in the end. Here are a few recommendations you may use to enhance your skills and provide better service to every customer:
- Work on your knowledge of facial anatomy. If all safe spots for the treatment are known and recognized, the chances of something going wrong during the injection session are much lower;
- It’s never too late to study. Don’t be ashamed to go into training again, as it may be pretty helpful for refreshing your knowledge of everything that’s going on in your sphere;
- Check the labels on the vials. Expiration date, manufacturer’s label, vial’s packaging – everything matters at this point. Just make sure the product you use is safe and won’t hurt your patient;
- Calculate dosage carefully. Various treatment areas require different amounts of Botox, not to mention such factors as age, the size of the target spot, a person’s expectations, and others. So, the dose should be defined individually for each customer;
- Use a proper injection technique. We have already mentioned it, but we believe it won’t hurt to remind you about it one more time. Also, don’t forget about the correct needle sizing, the injection depth, and the maximum amount of botulinum that can be safely used for certain areas.
Communication is also essential in this sphere, especially when it comes to anxious patients, so we recommend discussing all the aspects of the treatment to calm them down and explain that there is nothing to worry about.
Our articel Benefits of Botox would be a great addition to this article. Read and learn everything to be sure of your choice.
The Bottom Line: About Botox Danger Zones
Botox is an excellent product used for numerous purposes in both medical and aesthetic fields. It acts like a muscle relaxant and works well for aging signs prevention and muscle spasm-related issues. In order to guarantee a successful treatment, it is crucial to have a perfect knowledge of Botox danger zones and administration techniques. Hopefully, this article helped you refresh your knowledge and reminded all the safety rules that shouldn’t be forgotten!