Did you know that aesthetics is a branch of philosophy that deals with the world of art and beauty? While having existed in the ancient world already, aesthetic standards have changed from time to time but still remained popular up until today.
In the twenty-first century, special attention is paid to aesthetic medicine that becomes more and more these days. Such procedures as dermal filler injections, chemical peels, or thread treatments are widely used all around the world.
In this article, we will take a detailed look at PDO thread treatment. By means of defining what it is, how it works, and whether it is a revolutionary new treatment, we will check out its role in the world of aesthetics. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s delve into the world of the PDO thread treatment!
An important note: If you are in search of a trustworthy reseller to buy PDO threads from, check out what Filler Supplies offers. Take advantage of high-quality preparations, fair price, and fast delivery.
What Are PDO Threads?
Before we start: There are three main types of threads that are regularly used in lifting medical procedures, namely: PLA (polylactic acid), PCA (polycaprolactone), and PDO ones.
Above anything else, it is essential to figure out what are PDO threads. To put it simply, they are the sutures that are used in aesthetic medicine for a number of cosmetic purposes.
There are three sub-types of PDO threads, namely:
- Mono-filament threads (smooth sutures that stimulate collagen);
- Cog threads (sutures with barbs that support and lift your facial skin);
- Screw threads (intertwined sutures that restore the lost volume on your face).
While being made of polydioxanone (a transparent polyester that decomposes in the time period of 6 months within the human body), PDO threads include protein (which, by the way, promotes collagen production) and have a smaller than hair thickness. These characteristics of polydioxanone fibers allow them to be efficiently used in lifting procedures.
P.S. Please keep in mind that the PDO thread lift is a solid substitution for facelift surgery, mainly due to the fact that it is less invasive, does not go deep under a scalp, and lasts for a shorter period of time.
Below, you will find the main body and facial areas that are usually treated with the help of PDO threads:
- Upper thighs;
- Jaw line;
- Under-eye area;
- And so on.
And in case you ask what types of lines and wrinkles can a PDO thread lift treat, here is the list of main ones:
- Crow’s feet;
- Nasolabial folds;
- Around-the-mouth wrinkles;
So, the PDO thread lift is an aesthetic treatment that takes care of numerous body and facial areas and wrinkle types effectively.
Medical procedures that involve the PDO thread lift have the following working principle:
- Above anything else, the doctor will prepare you for the procedure by means of disinfecting your skin and applying a local anesthetic under it;
- Then, the doctor will perform the treatment with the help of a tiny needle, PDO threads, and cannula (a special device that is inserted into the little suturing incisions in your skin during the procedure and pulled out after it is over);
- That’s it. As soon as the doctor finishes the treatment by means of cutting the thread, you will be able to get back to your usual everyday life.
While being present under your skin, a PDO thread promotes collagen production and, thus, slows down the skin aging process by returning elasticity to sagging skin and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Among the key benefits of medical procedures that involve PDO sutures are:
- Safety. While being absolutely non-toxic, the PDO thread lift does not cause allergy or other severe side effects under normal circumstances.
- Non-invasiveness. Unlike the traditional facelift, the PDO thread lift is non-invasive. Therefore, there is little chance that it will cause strong skin irritation, bruising, or redness.
- Painlessness. Since PDO threads are inserted into the superficial skin layer, they do not touch nerve endings and, therefore, cause little to no pain.
- Natural skin rejuvenation. After the insertion of PDO threads into your skin, your body produces collagen actively. As a result, they provide you with enhanced skin texture and loose skin lifting in a natural way.
- Immediate effect. You will be able to benefit from the instant skin tightening, fewer fine lines, and more elastic skin right after the PDO thread lift.
- Broad customization opportunities. There exist PDO threads of different sizes and shapes. Therefore, your health care practitioner will be able to adjust your treatment in accordance with your individual needs.
- Long-lasting result. It takes from six months to one year for PDO threads to be absorbed. Moreover, the effect of the skin lifting might last for up to two years after the sutures’ absorption.
- Affordability. Last but not least, the PDO thread lift will allow you to take care of loose skin and acquire an enhanced skin texture for a more reasonable price if compared to the traditional facelift.
Therefore, PDO threads are the efficient sutures that are used in the aesthetic treatment of age-related issues.
What Are the Effects of PDO Thread Lifting?
When skillfully applied, the PDO thread lift is effectively applied in:
- Instant skin lifting and tightening via fat tissue contraction;
- Fine lines and wrinkles reduction;
- Natural collagen production;
- Skin tightening;
As a result, PDO sutures are powerful tools to rejuvenate and enhance your general appearance by means of providing you with fewer fine lines, and elastic skin.
When taking the above-mentioned information into account, probably the most vivid and desired effects of the PDO thread aesthetic treatment are instant skin tightening and enhanced skin texture. So, let’s discuss them in detail.
P.S. In order to achieve the best effect of the PDO thread treatment, it is recommendable to avoid alcohol, fish oil, Chinese medicine, vitamin E, and intensive workout for a couple of days before the procedure.
Instant Skin Tightening
The procedure is extremely efficient when it comes to instant skin lifting and tightening. Due to the fact that PDO threads contract fat tissue right after being inserted under your skin via tiny suturing incisions, they lift and tighten it immediately. So, you won’t have to wait to see the first results of the treatment.
P.S. Apart from the instant skin tightening and lifting, you will also be able to enjoy the gradual smoothing of your facial lines and wrinkles after the PDO thread treatment. The main reason for that is the natural production of collagen that sutures stimulate.
Enhanced Skin Texture
Another amazing effect of the PDO thread lift is the enhanced texture of your skin. Due to the fact that your facial muscles move, your skin loses collagen, and you undergo the repeated unprotected sun damage, new folds, lines, and wrinkles are going to appear on your face as you age. However, you can efficiently take care of them and, thus, enhance the texture of your skin with the help of PDO threads.
Do PDO Threads Belong to Revolutionary New Treatment?
Regardless of the fact that a great number of people have never heard of the PDO thread lift before, the polydioxanone sutures were first used for surgeries back in the 1980s. However, health care practitioners have started to apply them in aesthetic medicine only in the 2010s.
Therefore, the PDO thread lifting is considered to be a revolutionary new treatment when it comes to its aesthetic application. Despite the fact that they appeared on the cosmetic market just a couple of years ago, PDO threads have already gained extreme popularity among aesthetic doctors and their patients.
A Bottom Line: The Role of PDO Threads in the World of Aesthetics
All in all, PDO sutures play a vital role in the world of aesthetics these days. While being efficiently applied in body and facial rejuvenation, they have a whole bunch of benefits. So, how about trying a PDO thread lift right now and recovering your youthful appearance?