Juvederm or Restylane? To be or not to be? That is the question. The choice between these extremely well-known remedies is one of the most rhetorical and complicated. Both brands have got thousands of devoted fans and ardent haters. In this article, we will compare the composition, variety of presented fillers, technical characteristics, areas of application, duration, effects, and side effects, contraindications, and price to determine a true leader of the dermal fillers realm for the best result and your patients’ satisfaction.
Juvederm Dermal Fillers from the American company are pioneers on the market of liquid bio digestible hyaluronic acid skin implants. The manufacturer uses unique patented 3D-Matrix technology that allows making homogenous gels with perfect plasticity for even and easy distribution of the drug in the derma. The family of Juvederm dermal fillers incorporates seven drugs with various levels of viscosity and elasticity, specially designed for various problems and zones.
- Juvederm Ultra 2. This is a filler with the lowest level of viscosity. It works perfectly for smoothing minor wrinkles like crow’s feet.
- Juvederm Ultra 3. This remedy is denser than the previous one but is also designed for the introduction into the surface layers of derma. It corrects mild creases and adds volume to the contours of the mid-face area.
- Juvederm Ultra 4. It is the thickest filler for the deeper dermal layers shots. It fights nasolabial folds and can plump lips, cheeks, earlobes.
- Juvederm Hydrate. This is a mesotherapy product. The HA in the filler deeply moisturizes and nourishes the derma, making it more elastic, silky, and healthier.
- Juvederm Voluma. The remedy was elaborated exclusively to plump the tissues of the middle zone of the face: cheeks and cheekbones.
- Juvederm Voluma cost (with Lidocaine) at Filler Supplies is just $359.
- Juvederm Ultra Smile. If the client is interested in lip plumping, defining, or correction of the lips contours, Ultra Smile Juvederm lip injections are a perfect choice.
- Juvederm Volite. This is a highly effective new generation drug used in contour plastics and biorevitalization procedures. The main purpose of the drug is to restore the water balance and eliminate dryness.
You can buy Juvederm online at Filler Supplies at the most pleasant prices.
Restylane Dermal Fillers
Restylane is a sterile, self-absorbable dermal implant from the Sweden manufacturer. The active ingredient is hyaluronic acid of non-animal origin, obtained by a special way of stabilizing molecules, using the unique NASHA technology. The task of HA when penetrating into the middle and deeper layers of the skin is to attract water, form stable connections, fill the intercellular space, start the synthesis of elastin and collagen, and even out the dermal relief. Its family consists of:
Restylane base remedy removes fine wrinkles on the shallow areas (lips, around mouth, and eyes), is effective for the nasolabial area, on the forehead.
- Restylane Fynesse removes crow’s feet, a net of fine lines in the upper part of the face and mouth.
- Restylane Touch removes wrinkle networks in the periorbital and perioral zones.
- Restylane SubQ allows you to remodel successfully the contours of the face.
- Restylane Lipp allows to naturally enlarge the lips, create a beautiful contour, and remove any imperfections of the lips and mouth.
- Restylane Lip Volume is developed for significant lip volumization.
- Restylane Kysse fights defects in the mouth area.
- Restylane Volume is responsible for volumetric modeling in the cheekbones, cheeks, chin.
- Restylane Refyne is responsible for smoothing a wide spectrum of wrinkles: marionette lines, nasolabial folds, and other deep wrinkles, circles under the eyes, correction the ear lobe, and a significant increase in the volume of the lips.
- Restylane Defyne eliminates nasolabial folds and removes marionette lines.
Duration of effect
This is a crucial criterion for choosing the top filler. The interesting fact is that even inside one family, the effects after the beauty injections last differently. How long does Juvederm last? For instance, Juvederm Ultra 2 provides visible results just for six months, Ultra 3 – 8-10 months, Ultra 4 – 12 months, while Juvederm volume has the longest lasting effect up to twenty-four months.
The same thing can be said about Restylane injections. Different fillers inside the family can make the skin smoother and more beautiful from 6 (Restylane, Lyft, Silk) to twelve months (Refyne, Defyne).
Any of these brands would not become so popular if they were not safe. Juvederm side effects are minor skin irritation manifestations. The important clarification is that the irritation occurs as a result of needle penetration and has no connection to the composition of the filler. Thus, a patient may observe some redness, bruising, swelling, feel pain in the injected area.
Restylane side effects are absolutely analogical to its opponent’s. The more serious complications may happen if the doctor or patient neglects the rules of hygiene, a technique of application, or pre- and post-procedure recommendations.
This section is similar for both brands and the other remedies in this category as well. Pregnant and breastfeeding women, people with allergies and skin infections, diabetes, cancer, and a queue of other medical parameters can not become a patient of the cosmetic doctor for beauty injections.
Let us compare the point, which is very interesting for cosmetologists and their clients: Restylane vs. Juvederm cost. In this category, Restylane is slightly ahead of his competitor, providing more affordable prices for its products. Thus, the minimal price for the Restylane filler (Restylane Volyme) is $89, and the highest is for Restylane SUBQ $229, while the lowest price for the Juvederm product (Juvederm Volift retouch Lidocaine) at FillerSupplies.com is $159 and $559 for Juvederm Ultra Plus XC.
Restylane is a worthy but more budgetary analog of the famous fillers from Allergan. Many people used to think that cheaper means worse quality, but Restylane vs. Juvederm is not the case. Both brands provide similar effects, are safe to use, and got an incredible variety of fillers to suit any needs of the aging skin. Of course, there are differences. For instance, many doctors more frequently buy Restylane for the area under eyes due to its soft formula, which more smoothly and gently fills the creases in this tender zone. At the same time, doctors prefer Juvederm for injections into lips and especially cheeks and cheekbones, as the volumizing effect is more expressed and lasts longer than from its opponent. However, this does not mean that the second brand is bad. It just works differently.
Which one to choose? The choice is up to you and your client. Filler Supplies, as one of the most experienced dermal filler suppliers, is sure that you will be satisfied with the results and working process of both brands. We offer Juvederm and Restylane wholesale and retail selling options for your best shopping experience with our company.